Lithium Triborate (LiB3O5 or LBO) is an excellent non-linear material for a wide variety of applications. It was developed by FIRSM, CAS (Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences) and is now manufactured by Fujian CASTECH Crystals, Inc. (CASTECH). Castech holds the exclusive rights to produce the patented LBO crystal and its NLO devices (patent number is 4,826,283 in USA, 2023845 in Japan and 88 1 02084.2 in China).
No matter if individual pieces for R&D purposes are required or cost-efficient numbers in small, mid or large batches with in-time delivery for the production line are needed: GWU’s dedicated service helps to find the best core components for your application. GWU-Lasertechnik has more than 30 years of experience in distributing LBO crystals and manufacturing LBO-based laser devices. Choose GWU to benefit from our wide knowledge and in-field experience!
LBO Key Features:
• Wide transparency range form 160 nm to 2600 nm
• High non-linear optical coeficients for highly efficient frequency conversion
• High damage threshold
• Wide acceptance angle and small walk-off
• Non-critical phase-matching possible for a wide wavelength range
• Crystal dimensions available up to 30 mm x 30 mm x 30 mm Length upto 60 mm
• Standard and customized coatings available
• Strict quality control
• Fast delivery