Beta-Barium Borate (β-BaB2O4 or BBO) is a widely used crystal providing high non-linear optical properties from the UV across the visbile to the IR spectral range. It was developed by FIRSM, CAS (Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences) and is now manufactured by Fujian CASTECH Crystals, Inc. (CASTECH). Castech holds the specialized proprietary techniques (flux-method) for BBO crystal growth, ensuring the steady availabilty of high-quality crystals.
No matter if individual pieces for R&D purposes are required or cost-efficient numbers in small, medium or large batches with in-time delivery for the production line are needed: GWU’s dedicated service helps to find the best core components for your application. GWU-Lasertechnik has more than 30 years of experience in distributing BBO crystals and manufacturing BBO-based laser devices. Choose GWU to benefit from our wide knowledge and in-field experience!
BBO Key Features:
• Broad phase-matching range from 409.6 nm to 3500 nm
• Wide transmission range from 190 nm to 3500 nm
• High non-linear optical coeficients for highly efficient frequency conversion
• Low temperature sensitivity – wide temperature acceptance bandwidth
• Crystal dimensions available up to 15 mm x 15 mm x 15 mm, length from 5 µm to 25 mm
• Standard and customized coatings available
• Strict quality control
• Fast delivery